We know you want to connect with the right couples for your business, boost your Storefront conversion, and book more weddings. Let’s make sure you’re making a great first impression with these simple checks!
Check out your Storefront completion progress at any time with the progress bar at the top-right corner of your accounts on The Knot and WeddingWire. Click on the progress bar to view the content you need to add to complete your baseline Storefront tasks, before jumping into bonus tasks and optimizations. Make sure you optimize your Storefronts with recent, high-quality content and highlight what makes your business unique.
Things to know before we jump in:
- We have a professional Content team that will write your Storefront description and choose a main image to ensure it’s optimized to catch your ideal client’s eye. They typically complete this work within 3-5 business days from your contract execution. If you get in there first, you can write your own description and the content team will review it for best practices like formatting, punctuation, and SEO keywords. If they make edits outside of simple spelling and punctuation, they’ll always email you to let you know.
- We care about inclusivity and nondiscrimination and don’t tolerate any hate speech.(Nondiscrimination Policy)
- Please use inclusive language like “couples” instead of “bride” or “groom”
- Avoid language that romanticizes the history of slavery
- Include diverse images
- General Storefront Tips:
- You’ll see some required fields in your account. We need at least those details to set your Storefront live.
- Do not include blocks of text taken from another source like your own website. Duplicated content has a negative impact on your SEO. Varying your descriptions across The Knot, WeddingWire, and anywhere else you promote your business helps you rank higher in search results.
- Use proper spelling and grammar to accurately convey your business details.
- Make it easy for couples to research you and contact you with:
- A verified business name
- Your business address
- A phone number
- An email address
- Links to your professional Instagram, Facebook, and/or website
- 82% of couples said pricing was the most important thing they looked at before contacting a vendor–add pricing using the Products and Services section on The Knot and the FAQs section on WeddingWire!
- Photos: Pros who have more than 20 photos see 19% higher lead conversion than those who only have 1!
- We require a high-resolution main image. It makes a good first impression on couples, so choose something that really represents your brand. We’ll choose one for you if you don’t set it.
- Highlight the best 20-50 horizontal, high-resolution photos. It’s okay if you don’t have 20 photos yet! Quality over quantity is key here. Not sure where to start? Pull in 8 of the most-liked high-resolution photos from your social accounts.
- Please do not upload images with text obscuring them or that include contact information, screenshots, reviews, menus, or promotional material. Small watermarks are okay.
- General Storefront Tips:
3. Reviews: Pros with reviews receive more than double the leads of pros who have none!
- Use our templates to request reviews from couples and always respond to reviews to show prospective clients you’re active on your Storefront and that you want to connect with them.
A Final Note
Our Content team reviews and edits each Storefront thoughtfully, taking into careful consideration what makes each pro or venue unique. Delivering the best, most valuable user experience for everyone is our top priority.
Get started building with this quick walkthrough video.
Once you’ve built out these details, keep going by familiarizing yourself with other valuable sections of your account like Insights and Inbox!
Want more Storefront tips? Check out this article with 7 tips to make the most out of your Storefront!